By Katinka Holupirek, Martin Rasper, and Dr. Gotlind Blechschmidt
Available on Oct 28, 2023
Large-format collection of photography featuring the flora, fauna, and pristine landscapes of the Alps’ protected regions.
Capturing the allure of this grandiose legacy of the ice age is difficult, even in superlatives, but this photo book provides up-close natural experiences throughout the parks and preserves of six Alpine nations: Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, and France.
From the snowy heights of Mont Blanc in France, to the Alpine fields abloom with wildflowers in Italy's Tre Cime, to the lakes and forests of Austria's Tyrol region, hundreds of color images show where the Alps still exist in a wild, unfettered state.
Accompanied by species identification, geological history, and websites for trip planning, the book is both inspirational. and informational. Also included are tips on the best spots for hiking, skiing, and all types of climbing.
This expansive trip through the Alps includes the following and more:
• Little to no traces of human settlement and culture throughout the 750+ images
• Beautiful, painterly photos that capture the region’s majestic landscapes at magic hour and with the best seasonal lighting throughout the year
• More than ten UNESCO-designated Biosphere Reserves and Parks and several UNESCO World Heritage Sites
• Hundreds of plant and animal species captured, including underwater photography from pristine lakes and streams
• Photos range above and below the treeline and feature everything in between, such as picturesque waterfalls and plains
This is the definitive documentation and photographic escape into the wilds of the Alps.
Size: 9.0in x 11.5in | Pages: 424
| 750+ color images